Figment is an online community for teens and young adults. Members can share their writing, connect with other readers and writers, and discover new stories and authors.
We had been searching for a platform that we could use to supplement and complement our content and SnapApp had the functionality we were looking for. With SnapApp we can easily create high-quality, interactive content to engage our audience and get them from our Facebook page to our site. Most importantly, SnapApp helped us boost our Facebook Like number--a metric we were interested in improving.
Figment wanted to engage their very active community in a unique and entertaining way. In particular, they wanted to:
- Increase the number of their Facebook fans
- Easily create original content that would appeal to their target audience
- Engage their audience and spark conversation on the Figment blog
- Reach a broad audience on social media sites and drive them to their main site
- Drive traffic to eCommerce site to promote authors & sell more books
Figment embedded quizzes on their blog and Facebook page. The quizzes on Facebook were like-gated, which required visitors to “like” the Figment Facebook page before they could access the quiz.
Quizzes were primarily personality tests that resonated with Figment’s youthful audience: "How Dorky Are You?" "Would you survive the hunger games?" and "What is your superpower?" are a few examples. Sweepstakes included a chance to win a Kindle.
Figment uses a custom plan that allows them to run multiple quizzes and Sweepstakes at the same time on their Facebook page (they can also publish these quizzes on their blog, website, or a microsite). Figment often runs up to 10 SnapApps simultaneously on their Facebook page, rotating in new content to keep the site fresh.
- Like Gating
- News Feed Question Answering
- Multiple Quizzes on Facebook Tabs
- Facebook and Twitter Share
- Link outs to eCommerce site
In the first year of Figment using SnapApp, they:
- Gained 100,000+ new Facebook Likes
- Created more than 60 quizzes
- Generated 366,000+ impressions
- Had over 21,000 quiz shares
- 93% of shares from personality quizzes
- Averaged a 90% app completion rate