Magic Beans is a retailer of baby and infant products including strollers, furniture and toys. They operate four retail locations in New England and an online business that sells internationally.
Our Magic Beans '31 Days of Giveaways' was a huge hit and generated thousands of new emails and great branding for Magic Beans. The SnapApp platform greatly simplified the work involved in running such a big promotion and the analytics SnapApp provides gave us a lot of insight into how we are reaching our target market across the web.
Magic Beans wanted to run a month long sweepstakes “Magic Beans 31 Days of Giveaways” that featured a different prize each day.
- Promoting and growing their business during a normally “slow” time of year
- Obtaining names, emails and profile information to expand their mailing list
- Leveraging social media to engage customers and prospects on Facebook, Twitter, and their website and blog as well as in store
- Generating positive press about the store and customer loyalty with great giveaways
Magic Beans planned to advertise and run the promotion on their website, Facebook page, blog and Twitter as well as in store with QR codes, but required a single “dashboard” to manage the day’s activity including uploading images for the featured prize and collecting all of the entries across the various channels. In addition, they were interested in adding extra fuel to their viral marketing efforts by granting anyone who “shared” the day’s sweepstakes with their network an automatic additional entry.
Using SnapApp, Magic Beans created 31 separate sweepstakes each featuring a unique giveaway. Each contest included images of the day’s prize and ran on the Magic Beans Website and Facebook page. Magic Beans used SnapApp cloning functionality and the SnapApp Sweepstakes Scheduler for advance planning and easy updating.
Individuals could register for the sweeps on any of Magic Beans’ sites and the entries were automatically collected in a single pool for the day’s drawing. They could also scan an in store QR code and register on their mobile phones including iPhones, Android phones and blackberries.
Registrants who chose to “share” the day’s sweepstakes with friends received an additional entry in that day’s promotion—providing an incentive to share, and thereby building Magic Beans’ marketing reach and email list.
- Facebook Like & Share
- Twitter Follow & Share
- Facebook in News Feed Answering
- Sweepstakes Scheduler & App cloning
- QR codes
- Mobile optimization- iPhone, Android, Blackberry
- Real-time HTTP lead delivery
The Magic Beans Sweepstakes resulted in more than 31 lucky winners (some days had multiple prizes!) and thousands of new emails for the company mailing list.
- 344,528 impressions across the website and Facebook
- 113,318 entries submitted
- 28,384 share actions on Facebook and Twitter
- 1808 new social media connections including 1,456 Facebook Likes and 352 new Twitter Followers
- $.12 per unique email acquired
- July 20 had the highest number of entries with 9,579 submitted in one day (prize: $1500 Bugaboo Donkey Duo stroller)